Church in SANTA ANA

Santa Ana Church

The Santa Ana Church, also known as the Parish of Our Lady of the Abandoned (Spanish: Parroquia de Nuestra Señora de los Desamparados), is a Spanish colonial period church located in the district of Santa Ana in Manila, Philippines. The parish was established by the Franciscan missionaries in 1578 under the patronage of Saint Anne. The present stone church was constructed by Father Vicente Inglés, OFM from 1720 to 1725 and was dedicated to its present patron, the Our Lady of the Abandoned. The revered image of its patron was made in Valencia,Spain in 1713 and arrived in the Philippines in 1717.

Sources: Wikipedia

  • About Santa Ana Church
  • Proper Name

    Parish of Our Lady of the Abandoned (Parroquia de Nuestra Señora de los Desamparados)

  • Denomination

    Roman Catholic Church

  • Architecture

    Baroque

  • Built On

    1720-1725

  • Heritage designation

    Level II Historic Building (NHCP)

Location of Santa Ana Church

  • About Santa Ana Church
  • Proper Name

    Parish of Our Lady of the Abandoned (Parroquia de Nuestra Señora de los Desamparados)

  • Denomination

    Roman Catholic Church

  • Architecture

    Baroque

  • Built On

    1720-1725

  • Heritage designation

    Level II Historic Building (NHCP)


Post your comments

Have any news or comment about Santa Ana Church? Join us in our discussion.

Sign Up

Load more comments